Doll-style shoes have been in the spotlight for over a century. They marked the 60s as a symbol of revolution and liberty and the 90s as a symbol of youth and rebellion. They starred in great film classics and walked on the catwalks of the biggest names in haute couture. The recipe for success is a rounded toe, a low heel, and most importantly, a strap across the instep. Enter the Melissa Lola, a new style with a tutti-frutti scent.
- Annalise Y.Verified BuyerUsual Size 5.5Size Purchased 59 seconds agoUsual Size 5.5Size Purchased 5Rated 4 starsLovelove love
They are perfect except for the fact that they hit my ankle bone, but that is easily fixed with preventative bandaids!Was this helpful?
- Jill P.Verified BuyerUsual Size 5.5Size Purchased 56 days agoUsual Size 5.5Size Purchased 5Rated 5 starsMelissa Lola
Love, love, love. So comfy and the fit is perfect as usual.Was this helpful?
- Cyndy W.Verified BuyerUsual Size 7Size Purchased 72 weeks agoUsual Size 7Size Purchased 7Rated 5 starsLove these!
These are so comfortable and the color is amazing. I just ordered several other styles.Was this helpful?
- Kitty T.Verified BuyerUsual Size 7.5Size Purchased 73 weeks agoUsual Size 7.5Size Purchased 7Rated 5 starsThe cutest, little maryjanes for a humid summer
I am unforgivably obsessed with Melissa shoes so I realize this is going to be biased. But I am genuinely impressed with how comfortable they make wearing plastic/rubber style shoes.
The interior lining is is soft but firm so your skin doesn't stick to the plastic (a thing that happens with old jelly/flexi-plastic shoes).
The soles are cushioned and the straps/buckle - while being a little stiff at first - form to your foot easily. Sizing wise, because I am a 7.5, I went down to a 7 this time around* and they're really comfortable. Very roomy on the inside and kind for all the walking throughout the day. Would recommend wearing with socks if you can because plastic shoes- in my experience- tend to be stiff the first few wears.
* For context: I had purchased shoes from Melissa before, two pairs of jelly sandals, which were so adorable. Being a 7.5, I chose to go a size 8 rather than a 7. It took a couple of months for me to realize that my foot measurements are on the slighter side (narrow feet, longer toes, high arches) so I should have gone smaller.Was this helpful?
- Andrea G.Verified BuyerUsual Size 8Size Purchased 81 month agoUsual Size 8Size Purchased 8Rated 5 starsPerfect fit!
True to size so comfortable!Was this helpful?